Seeking first the Kingdom and His righteousness
We want to do things in the order that God through Jesus Christ has revealed as His Way. This means that we must base everything on the 2 Royal laws (Jas 2:8) that Jesus gave us for living a holy life acceptable to His Father in Heaven.
Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” Matt 22
The secret of loving the Lord
“Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.” Deut 6.
Since the beginning the Lord has spoken the same truth of the Kingdom message.
1. Love God with your heart (spirit). We do this by spending time daily in meditative prayer individually and together.
2. Love God with your soul (Mind, Will & Emotions). We do this by daily repenting and renewing our minds based on the Word of God in the Bible and taking captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
3. Love God with your strength (Body). We do this by offering our body to Him daily as a living sacrifice (true worship) in service to others and in praise and thank offerings to God by the Spirit.
The release of loving yourself
Once you love God in the above ways in a daily disciplined lifestyle you will begin to meet with Him by the Holy Spirit and He will show you your true self and purpose. This daily revelation will empower and spur you onwards to love and good deeds towards others (neighbour) without favouritism. Jesus came to reveal the Father to us, to show us the way to the Father. He took away every barrier for this to be ours and nailed it to the cross. Now we can come boldly to the throne of Grace.
The joy of loving your neighbour – true fasting
God’s people share with the most needy by raising funds to help those in need in their locality and internationally.
“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
Reaching out to those in need
We believe the scriptures command us to care equally for the following 7 groups of needy people:
1. Hungry and Thirsty (whoever, wherever)
2. Poor and Homeless (inc. refugees)
3. Widows and Orphans (every nation)
4. Sick and Wounded (victims of all kinds)
5. Prisoners and Captives (convicts, slaves, tormented)
6. Persecuted and Tortured (whatever creed or colour or faith)
7. Spiritually Abused (Those deceived under false doctrine and controlled by men)
This is not an exhaustive list but highlights the key areas of concern that the Lord has for people today. We unite with the Father to extend love to these people in the name of Jesus Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit in prayer, so that they may praise Him for His mercy.
Organisations we support
We have prayed and asked the Lord to give us organisations that help people in one of the seven areas listed above (locally and internationally). You will recognise some of them. We are confident that these Christian services are reaching those who really need our support. If you make a purchase or a donation you can specify where you would like your giving to be allocated or simply link directly to the organisation from our links page (this includes all orgs we recommend). Thank you for obeying the Lord.
NB. No donation or profit goes to Omega Ministries. All profits from sales go to your chosen service to those in need. Omega is independently supported and run by volunteers and no-one is paid. Money is given based on the apostolic model in the book of acts and our prayer for you is that of Paul in Phil 4:19. Thank you for giving generously….
1. Hungry and Thirsty
Chosen organisation(s): Christian AID, Foodbank
2. Poor and Homeless (inc. refugees):
Chosen organisation(s): The Matthew 25 Mission
3. Widows and Orphans
Chosen organisation(s): Hope Now
4. Sick and Wounded
Chosen organisation(s): Teen Challenge
5. Prisoners and Captives (slavery)
Chosen organisation(s): Hope Now, Cry UK
6. Persecuted and Tortured
Chosen organisation(s): Open Doors
7. Spiritually & Mentally Abused
Chosen organisation(s): Matthew 25 Mission
Outreach & Mission
Chosen organisation(s): Teen Challenge